Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Lasting Friendships

So I am coordinating the wedding this weekend of one of my oldest friends. Her name is Ann and I have known her since 5th grade. We were cheerleaders together, we went to Jr. High dance parties together (where we stood with a guy and turned in circles, and called it dancing). We've been through the divorce of her parents, the painful break ups of our own, planning class reunions, and now her marriage. I can't tell you how much I praise the Lord for her friendship! She is one of those people that when they say they are praying for you, you know they mean it! We have shared so much over the last 20 years. God has always seemed to have us go through so many of the same things at the same time. We could sympathize with yet encourage each other. "As Iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" That is us! I love her so much and I am rejoicing with her over her marriage to a wonderful, godly man who has and will continue to make her dreams come true. Last night we were decorating the church and Ann and Ben couldn't stop looking at each other, and smiling. I have never seen her so happy! Hopefully I can post some pictures of the wedding next week! There are around 500 people coming!!! Crazy!! I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home