Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Held


Isn't it amazing, when we are hurting, how you can feel yourself being held by God. Now there are many different situations of hurting, but specifically for me it is whenI am not feeling well. I just feel so loved when I feel God's loving strong arms holding me. I can almost hear Him saying "Mindee, I am here and I love you. This pain will soon go away, but then another type of pain may come. Just know I am right here holding you, and comforting you, and I will never let you go." We have such a gentle and loving God. I have been reading this book called "Do you think I am beautiful" By Angela Thomas. She takes you back to the memories of going to school dances and standing there in a corner waiting for someone to ask you to dance. How you sit there and hope you get asked. Now, I went to a Christian school where we never had dances, but we did have the silly little Jr High dance parties at someones house where that same thing would happen. I was always the last person to get asked to dance, and I only got asked because there was no one else there. I am not trying to have a pity party for myself. I say that because it makes what Angela Thomas says mean so much more to me. She says that God wants to know us so intimately, and wants to romance us. That He is the one dying to dance with us. He wants to tell us how beautiful we are, to hold us close and give us that security. The thing is we ignore him asking us to dance because we are so concerned with the cute guy across the room who could care less about our security and our feelings. Who wouldn't know true beauty if it hit him in the face. (okay, those last few sentances were more of my own feelings!) How can we not see the God of the universe standing in front of us begging us to dance? He sees and knows our true beauty and he wants us to see and know it too! I love the feeling of closing my eyes and seeing my Jesus ask me to dance. Wow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home