Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Update...

So God answered our prayers about Jennifer. Just not in the way I had hoped! It did not work out for her to come here. She has had many other offers from families in New York. That is just so far away! So my heart is hurting a little, but also joyful that the Lord is directing her where He wants her and not where I want her!
God is doing amazing things! (big surprise!!!) The bible study I am part of on Monday nights has been so awesome!! Rhonda Sheets was leading it for awhile at her house and really felt the Lord was leading her to pass the torch to Kathy Clark. So for the past months we have been meeting at Kathys where she has led. It has still been so amazing. Well, Kathy is moving to California, and we have all been praying about who the Lord would pass the torch to now. The Lord did not let me ignore my calling! As much as I tried, He made it evident that I was to join Stephanie Schick and Andrea Fisher in taking the torch of leading. Our prayer is truly that the Lord will take the group where he wants it and that we will not stand in the way. Please be in prayer about this!
So as I mentioned God is taking one of my best friends in the world all the way across the country to California. It is hard because she has been my support over this past year! God has used her in many ways in my life and I don't know what I will do without her here. I guess God is wanting me to depend more on Him than her. Which I want to do, but I will miss her so much! She is leaving for CA on June 23rd for a wedding and returning on July 3rd. I will spend the 4th with her and then she is leaving the 5th for Namibia. I so wish I was going with her!! She will then be returning July 23rd. She will then be going back to CA for a class reunion on July 27th and coming back here on Aug.7th. Only to be leaving me for good on Aug. 11 to drive across country in her Hummer to live in Bakersfield, CA. But the exciting thing is that on Sept. 1st I will be meeting up with her in Miami, FL to go on a cruise. So I will be staying at her apartment while she is gone this summer!
So I get to see one of my other best friends in the world in a few weeks when I go to Atlanta to spend the weekend before 4th of July with Jessica. She has always been so encouraging to me! I am thankful God has put her in my life and kept her in my life. Since we met in 1992 she has been there for me through thick and thin. She got married and has had two kids, but our relationship has never changed and I am so thankful for that!
God has showed me over and over again lately that He is in control. That He loves me so much and wants to give me the desires of my heart! That His ways may not be my ways, but the more I totally rely on Him, His ways become the ways I want! (did that make sense?) I just know I am totally in love with my Lord and I never want that feeling to be replaced by anything or anyone!!!
Thanks for listening to my ramblings!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home